Sunday, December 11, 2011

Pomegranate citrus cocktail


I've never understood all the fuss surrounding the pomegranate, especially in the past couple of years. It has become so popular. You see the fruit in grocery stores, and you see the pomegranate juice everywhere too.

I am not a huge fan of the fruit though. Its juicy is delicious, but the effort that goes into eating the fruit, to me, offsets any enjoyment I can get out of the fruit. But when I was given some pomegranates the other day, I thought, what can I possibly do with them? Eating them? Well, patience is not my forte.

So I left them sitting on my kitchen counter ... until two days ago when I wanted to make a cocktail with some citrus flavored vodka I had but did not have any good mixers or juices. In the midst of debating whether I should go to the grocery store to get some juice or mixer, I saw the pomegranates. "Why don't I make some pomegranate juice?" I thought. Sure, why not. So I pureed a pomegranate in a blender, strain the juice into a shaker, add some vodka and granulated sugar into a shaker, and shook the mix vigorously. After 30 seconds of shaking, pour the cocktail into a glass with ice cubs. Voila!


Ingredients:
1 pomegranate;
2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
1.5 oz of citrus flavored vodka (you can use regular vodka and add lemon juice or orange juice)
ice cubes


It was delicious...

No comments:

Post a Comment